----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY GREATEST EXPERIENCES IN SIPS

MY GREATEST EXPERIENCES IN SIPS

     The most epic experiences that I've had in this institution would be the times when I made (unexpectedly) friends out of the greatest and are a few of the most unique people here in SIPS! Also the time when it was our Intrmaurals Week here, but let's go to the first one that I mentioned. When I was in my first year, I hadn't made many friends who are what we call "you comrades" or in other words "your own circle of friends."
 
It was quite difficult for me since I was a transferee and I'm not much of the outgoing type of person. But I was glad there were more people who befriended me, they made me feel that I wasn't alone in my section, same thing happened in my second year class. 
 
 But I decided to start opening myself more to the classmates of mine since, well, if you think about it, we're following this "journey-system" thing so I'll be stuck with the same faces till I reach my 4th year or senior years. So I decided to muster all the courage I could, well, muster. Someone also "instant-mailed" me or in other words, we chatted on a famous social networking site and that person said, "I hope you'll have a happy year in high school here in SIPS." 
 
Honestly, that put a smile on my face because that person encouraged me and I was thankful. So I got myself ready for my third year here at SIPS and unexpectedly, little did I know that a certain new student will come in our section and shower sunshine on all of us, unexpectedly including me. That newbie was quite a package!
 
At first, I thought that newbie was the shy and quiet type like me but soon, when I got to know more about that particular student, she wasn't what I thought she was at all! She was a girl who had a good sense of humor and finds the positive side in everyone!
 
Before I knew it, we became good friends and soon had made more. I was happy that I finally had my "gang." I mean my circle of friends in this institution. Surprisingly enough, I was friends with a pocketbook-lover girl, and anime fangirl (actually, we're all anime fans...), a half-Japanese freshman, that quirky new student and soon enough, the rest of my mates here in this school. It all started in my junior years, and it was awesome! I felt that God didn't abandon me at the corner, He blessed me with a bunch of great friends in this institution. 
 
Because of that experience, I started to open up to the others, I felt as if I was in a transition of or from being a mushroom to, well, a tree that has birds on its branches every time! I also recalled the quote, "No man is an island." I thought I was going to be alone but I was wrong.
 
It felt great to get to interact with society again, I felt like I was reliving my elementary life when I was still all feisty and *ahem* noisy... I don't know but I felt strong and happy with the situation I was in. I felt as if a puzzle in me got completed.

     Now, let's go to my Intramurals experience. I'm not an athlete, I don't have talents in most sports (I only like to swim and take a walk in the park) so I know I won't be doing anything other than sitting on a chair until I fall asleep but all of a sudden, while I was making a drawing of mine, a "screaming young half-Japanese freshman approached me closer to see my drawing. 
 
Of course, I was shocked (because of her screams) but I got a little happy that someone appreciates my works that loud... The next thing I knew was that me and my group of friends or rather our group welcomed her with open arms then suddenly we had a "little circle of everything anime thing" going on! It was crazy! Everything  happened so fast!! 
 
But it was exciting, although I know others would find it boring but we didn't! I think the most boring experiences in my life are the ones that I remember the most. Hmm, funny, I know.
 
Maybe God wants to remind us that not every good memory is a grand thing, even the most boring one is the best, but you just don't know. It was exciting and surprising, maybe expecting things too much is not much of a good thing to think. 
 
Rather, let's keep it simple and exciting. I just found the friends that I can sit on a string with, talk about nothing, and soon leave with big smiles on our faces thinking that it was the greatest conversation we ever had! Oh and, during that Intramurals Week my friends got me running back and forth looking for them, it was tiring  >^<  but  ^_^  it was enjoyable ( and a good exercise at that too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment